Highlighted
urbansaint
1 Copper

How to update all device manager drivers in question mark?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have a Dell R730 and i need to image the old server Windows server and restore it into the R730. So once its completed, the device manager shows a lot of drivers in question mark. 

Is there any tool that i can update the drivers ?

Many Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

RE: How to update all device manager drivers in question mark?

Jump to solution

Urbansaint,

The tool you are needing is called the Dell Server Update Utility (SUU), it is run from the OS and updates the entire server. You can find the download here

Now on a side note, we don't support or even really recommend using imaging between 2 servers. This is due to the fact that when imaging the new server the MAC addresses and System State Data from the original system will transfer over. This can cause instability on the system, which is why it isn't recommended.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

RE: How to update all device manager drivers in question mark?

Jump to solution

Urbansaint,

The tool you are needing is called the Dell Server Update Utility (SUU), it is run from the OS and updates the entire server. You can find the download here

Now on a side note, we don't support or even really recommend using imaging between 2 servers. This is due to the fact that when imaging the new server the MAC addresses and System State Data from the original system will transfer over. This can cause instability on the system, which is why it isn't recommended.

Let me know how it goes. 

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post