Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2022 08:00

ID Module 15G not working

I received a OEMR T550 which starts up with a black background and no dell branding; iDrac is greyed out instead of blue. I run the ID Module 15G per the instructions and on bootup it goes through the processes of rebranding but it only turns the startup screen blue with no dell branding and no model is shown. iDrac remains greyed out. Ive reset idrac via GUI and racadm but issue remains. No model is shown in GUI and iDrac remains grey. Anyone else run into this issue when running the ID Module 15/16g? The file I used was WWJ74_Cust_2_00.exe.

• 

8.4K Posts

October 13th, 2022 13:00

TheMattHatter,

Would you confirm if you indeed ordered an OEMR T550, or was it to be a T550? I ask as OEMRs are purchased on a reduced cost on the OEM purchase program. Also you can't take an OEMR system back to Dell branded, so if it was intended to be an OEMR type it won't have the things you are looking at.

So, if it was ordered incorrectly, or you received the wrong system type, you should work with your account team to get it RMA'd, as support won't have the same ability.

Let me know if this helps.

October 14th, 2022 08:00

This system is in fact a OEMR T550 which was received from a third party. I assumed the 15G ID module would work similar to using the 14G ID module on VxRail systems which rebrands the system to a PowerEdge model. 

7 Posts

December 8th, 2023 00:40

@DELL-Chris H​ Actually, you are able to take an OEMR back to Dell brand. Remove the CPU and attempt to boot, track in iDRAC. POST panics and tries to recover BIOS. Eventually there will be a "epic failure" (or whatever it's called) in Lifecycle Log (via iDRAC), screen remains the same.  Tells you to power off the system despite the screen being frozen. Turn off the machine, re-install CPU, schedule an immediate bios flash, and you're back to Dell branding! :D

Discovered completely by accident, as I took a break from doing a bunch of updates and decided to upgrade the CPU - ended up needing to be reseated

(edited)

No Events found!