Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2013 10:00

IMPI Datasets from a C2100 server

I have a C2100 server that I am intending to poll using the IPMI protocol and Python. 

I am interested in the voltages, temperature and fan speeds. I'm intending to map over time and monitor how they change over time when certain functions re performed on the machine, however I am unsure exactly what it is that the following sensor names are for. Are the voltages from the rails? If not, where are they from? Can anyone shed any more light on them? 

Thanks in advance.

Sensors unsure about: 

P5V, P1V8_AUX, P12V, P1V5_ICH, P3V3 and P3V3_STBY

FP Temp, BP Temp and IOH Temp

• 

6.2K Posts

July 19th, 2013 13:00

Hello chowden

Are the voltages from the rails? If not, where are they from? Can anyone shed any more light on them? 

All voltages are reported by the system board to the Baseboard Management Controller. The voltages are not reported directly from the power supply units. The voltages reported are what the system board is receiving.

P5V, P1V8_AUX, P12V, P1V5_ICH, P3V3 and P3V3_STBY

These are the voltages. P5V = 5 volt, P1V8 = 1.8 volt, etc. There are duplicates of some voltages like the 3.3v and the 3.3v standby.

FP Temp, BP Temp and IOH Temp

I'm not 100% sure about FP temp, but I think it is in reference to a fan control board. BP is backplane and IOH is the I/O hub.

Thanks

No Events found!