Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2008 08:00

Installed Windows XP Professional on PowerEdge T100 and cant find the graphic driver.

Hello, my company just bought the PowerEdge T100 and command me to install Windows XP on it.

I wonder, does Windows XP compatible with server boards? 

So, after done installing the OS, i did found the driver for network (ethernet) but never found any driver

for its integrated video controller. 

So my question is,

1. Actually, can we install Win XP on server like PowerEdge T100?

2. If can, anybody have the driver for graphic? (i checked it, it was ATI RD50, which i cant find any in the web).

9.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 03:00

You can install whatever you want on a Poweredge, however, Dell only supports a limited list of OSes. Mostly this is Windows server OSes (2003 and 2008 nowadays), Red Hat Linux and SuSE linux.

What this means is that Dell supplies drivers and software for these OSes.

You can try the Windows 2003 drivers, but if they don't work, I don't believe ATI has drivers for the onboard video; they refer to the hardware vendor (which doesn't provide non-server OS drivers for a server in this case).

3 Posts

February 11th, 2009 06:00

Hi, my company has done the same, but I have a reverse problem to you.

The ATI drivers from the CD given seem to work on XP. But I'm unable to locate the ethernet drivers, as mentioned the CD only gives 2003/2008 etc not XP. Ethernet NIC is broadcom gigabit, I ventured onto their website, it has plenty of drivers for windows but you can only locate them by devise ID and you can only get this from the devise manager only when the devise is installed. Dell website offers no XP drivers.

Where did you get your ethernet/network drivers from?

3 Posts

September 18th, 2009 12:00

how did you install XP onto it?  i mean, the utililty disc does not support XP. i tried installing XP directly (without dell utility disc) and it went to blue screen after

9.3K Posts

September 19th, 2009 17:00

Your blue screen is probably due to an incompatible storage (raid/sata) driver.

3 Posts

September 20th, 2009 22:00

blue screen pops a pci.sys  0x0000007e error.   how do i change settings for the storage to make it compatible to XP?

thanks,

sirjune

9.3K Posts

September 21st, 2009 09:00

blue screen pops a pci.sys  0x0000007e error.   how do i change settings for the storage to make it compatible to XP?

thanks,

sirjune

You don't; you find an updated storage driver that's compatible with XP. The 0x7e blue screen code pretty much says it's a storage driver issue. What is most likely happening is that XP thinks it has a compatible driver, but when it actually tries to use it, it errors out (blue screens). So you have to find an updated driver and when the CD starts to boot (the initial blue screen (not the error blue screen, but the first screen when the CD boots), press F6 when prompted (it says something like "press F6 to add additional storage drivers") and feed it the storage driver (has to be with a floppy).

3 Posts

September 21st, 2009 09:00

I was able to install windows xp pro just this morning. I burned onto a disc  a streamlined version of WinXP pro + SP3.  It did not catch my ethernet and video though.  I was able to find and install the ethernet driver but  Im still looking for the graphic driver.  Anyone who may have a link of it?

thanks,

sirjune

1 Message

March 12th, 2010 15:00

Hi Sirjune or other folks,

Where did you find the updated storage driver for XP?

Thanks, I got stuck here with my T100.

David

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 12th, 2010 18:00

1 Message

March 18th, 2010 08:00

Guys i Fouind the solution for the video card the driver you need is for the ATI ES1000

Heres the link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2490&DwnldID=10650&lang=spa

1 Message

July 4th, 2011 21:00

sirjune, would you mind sending me the link to the drivers you found for the ethernet of your dell poweredge t100? I've looked everywhere and can't find them anywhere. I even looked on the broadcom.com site and can't seem to get the exact driver. Thanks in advance. Chris Florence
No Events found!