Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 25th, 2013 03:00

Installing iDRAC6 Enterprise

Hi!

We have a PowerEdge T310 with iDRAC6 Express installed by default and it's running well since 2 years. Now we bought an iDRAC6 Enterprise (J675T) card and going to install it, but have some questions that we are uncertain about.:

- Is this Enterprise module (J675T) 100% compatible with the PowerEdge T310?

- As far as I know we have to keep the Express module as it is, because the Enterprise requires it. Am I right?

- Do we need to change something in the iDRAC6 Configuration Utility or BIOS to enable the Enterprise module or is it automatic?

- At the moment we use only NIC1 with two IP addresses: one for the services running on the server and the other for accessing IDRAC. Should we use the Enterprise card's ethernet connector or can we keep the shared NIC1 setting? What's the benefits of the dedicated NIC?

- We have a Kingston 8GB SDHC (class4) card. Is it OK for the vFlash module or only DELL branded cards are supported?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_DRAC#Limitations says that only DELL, is that true?)

Thanks in advance! 

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

February 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi Devigen,

Find the response for your queries below.

- Is this Enterprise module (J675T) 100% compatible with the PowerEdge T310?

Yes

- As far as I know we have to keep the Express module as it is, because the Enterprise requires it. Am I right?

Yes. Both Express and Enterprise cards are required

- Do we need to change something in the iDRAC6 Configuration Utility or BIOS to enable the Enterprise module or is it automatic?

No. There is no specific change is required for iDRAC Enterprise card

- At the moment we use only NIC1 with two IP addresses: one for the services running on the server and the other for accessing IDRAC. Should we use the Enterprise card's ethernet connector or can we keep the shared NIC1 setting? What's the benefits of the dedicated NIC?

iDRAC will work with both shared and Dedicated mode on Enterprise. One of the benefit with Dedicated port is you can have separate network for iDRAC and Server.

- We have a Kingston 8GB SDHC (class4) card. Is it OK for the vFlash module or only DELL branded cards are supported?

(en.wikipedia.org/.../Dell_DRAC says that only DELL, is that true?)

If you use non DELL branded SD card, you might not be able to make use of complete space.

No Events found!