Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

5 Posts

May 14th, 2018 13:00

Is it possible to order server parts (cables/shrouds/etc) directly from Dell?

Long story short, I bought a Dell C4130 motherboard and case ($230 combined), and foolishly thought it would be cheap to piece the rest together. The power supply, cpu, ram, and heatsink were easy, hard drive was a little more difficult but found one, however its impossible to find cables or simple shrouds for reasonable prices. I believe I have to use GPU risers (the slots on the MB aren't pcie x16) but can only find them in a few listings on ebay or one site that charges an arm and a leg. Can I call Dell directly and order these pieces? I looked up the service tag for the MB and its under warranty until next year, which leads me to believe Dell still stocks these parts. Thanks in advance.

• 

6.2K Posts

May 14th, 2018 16:00

Hello

It may be possible to order parts directly from us. The sales department that can sell the parts is called Spare Parts. The ability to sell spare parts is restricted, most sales representatives do not have access to sell 5-digit/spare parts.

Whether or not the parts are available will depend on many factors. Spare parts sells parts from our warranty stock, and our priority with warranty stock parts is to have them available for in-warranty part replacements. Spare parts sales representatives will let you know if the part is available for sale.

Thanks

No Events found!