Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

May 21st, 2020 04:00

Lifecycle Controller hangs with QLE8262

Good morning everyone. I have a new to me R730xd. The base system is current with all firmware. When I install a unopened QLE8262 PCI-E card (date on package is 9/8/2017), the Lifecycle Controller will not open. It hangs and that is it. When I remove the the QLE8262 card, the Lifecycle Controller launches without issue. I tried another QLE8262 thinking that the first one was bad, but I have the same issue with the second card. I also tried different slots, with the same results. Given that I can't get the Lifecycle Controller to run with the card in, I am unable to update the firmware on the card (if that is the problem).

I haven't even gotten to the point of installing an OS yet.Just trying to get the hardware to work.

I am hoping the community can please point me in a direction to address this issue or make a recommendation of a 10GB cards that will work.

Thanks.

2.9K Posts

May 21st, 2020 08:00

The Intel X710, QLogic 57840S, and the Broadcom 57800 rNDC would make for alternatives. Depending on what you're needing specifically, I'd be inclined to recommend the rNDC. I've had pretty good experiences with the card and it offers 2x 1Gbps ports and 2x 10Gbps ports. 

Now, the documentation shows that there is one version of the QLE8262 that's supposed to work - part number P11VC. That card is a full height card and the slot priority is showing 4, 6,5, in order of preference. PCI slot 4 is controlled by processor 2, so only use that one if you have a second proc. Slot 6 would be on an x16 riser. If its a hardware config problem, this should help sort it. 

What I might try though, would be to install the OS without the card (for now), then install the card after. I'd try running the firmware updates from either the OS or from the iDRAC web interface to see if that gave me any change.

No Events found!