AskTom
1 Copper

Max R720xd on a circuit

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a cabinet with four 20A 220V circuits....can someone let me  how many R720xd's (two supplies) we can fit in this cabinet.

I've assumed 325W per system, and max power is 32A (assuming all load is carried by just two circuits)

32A*220V = ~7kVA/ 325 ~ 20 systems total???

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Max R720xd on a circuit

Jump to solution

To determine your power needs,  go to this link and add a rack, then your servers.  It will give you information on power needs, cooling needs, etc .

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/pedge/topics/en/config_calculator?c=us...

Regards,

Geoff P
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

To determine your power needs,  go to this link and add a rack, then your servers.  It will give you information on power needs, cooling needs, etc .

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/pedge/topics/en/config_calculator?c=us...

Regards,

Geoff P

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

AskTom
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Geoff...the tool used for the older systems provides a cooling estimate "Resonable cooling" = in tons.

I don't see this in the new tool, is this an option.

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It doesn't appear to have made it to the newer version.  Hopefully, in the next incarnation, that option will return.

Regards,

Geoff P

(iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos