Akther
6 Indium

Re: Memory upgradation on R710

Jump to solution

1234567 - I've deleted the service tag due to personal information issue - Manfred

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Akther

I've checked your service tag and memory part# is:-

NN876  DIMM,4G,1333,2RX4X72,8,240,REG

It is recommended for you to purchase the same type of memory for the upgrade, therefore part# 9J5WF is not suitable if you are running on Optimizer Mode.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Manfred W
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile
device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Akther
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thanks Manfred for confirming. Just for curios iam asking. If we insert the oter part number RAM what will happen to Server? will not boot? or BSOD?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You are welcome, Akther.

Sorry for the delay, basically part# 9J5WF x8 memory module is not supported in Optimizer mode only. Most likely it will allows you to boot the server but you may encounter error messages like:-

Unsupported DIMM detected. The following DIMM has been disabled: x

or

Unused memory detected. DIMM’s installed in the following slot are not available when in mirror or 128-bit advanced ECC modes: x,x,x

That said, this part is supported in Memory Mirroring and Advanced ECC mode.

You may refer to page 131, Mode Specific guidelines for more info:-

support.us.dell.com/.../HOM.pdf

Manfred W
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile
device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
biplob9s
1 Copper

RE: Memory upgradation on R710

Jump to solution

This memory population  work's for me. I have installed 16GB Module 4 pair.  Total 128GBs:emotion-1::emotion-1: