Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

8 Posts

March 30th, 2021 03:00

Monotoring Dell PowerEdge MX7000 with IPMI ?

Hello 

I want to monitor MX 7000 via IPMI , please i need help , is it possible to do it ? and please why do it ?

thanks 

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

March 30th, 2021 08:00

Hi,

As I see into the manual, MX7000 could be monitored by IPMI.
https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Product_Docs/en/dell_emc_poweredge_mx7000_technical_guide.pdf (p.29)

But why not using other protocol like below :

RACADM: The RACADM command-line utility provides a scriptable interface that allows you to locally or remotely configure iDRAC7.

IPMITool: IPMITool includes scriptable console application programs used to control and manage remote systems using the IPMIversion 1.5 and later protocol.Web Services for Management (WSMAN): WSMAN is a SOAP-XML–based protocol for exchanging system managementinformation. Dell EMC's implementation provides remote management capabilities through a secure and standards-based WebServices–Management (WS-MAN) interface to PowerEdge servers and blade server node chassis

I remain at your disposal.

Regards,

8 Posts

April 1st, 2021 03:00

Hi Stephane,

thank you for your response

yes i will use the IPMITool to monitor the chassis MX7000 and i should activate IPMI via IDRAC 

is it ok or there are others setups to do?image.png

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

April 1st, 2021 03:00

Is it ok, no other setup needed.

have a good day

8 Posts

April 15th, 2021 07:00

Hello 

when I go to Click Devices> Compute> View Details> Settings> Management.
I find the IPMI configuration of the blades which have in the chassis,
but I want to monitor the mx7000 chassis itself ??

please help me 

• 

8.4K Posts

April 15th, 2021 08:00

Upon researching this I determined you can't enable IPMI to manage the chassis. What i would recommend is looking into using OpenManage Enterprise, as it would be able to do what you're looking for. 

8 Posts

April 16th, 2021 01:00

hello 

if I don't use the OpenManage Enterprise,  interface to enable IPMI !!!
can i use idrac ??, normally mx 7000 works with idrac 9 and i find how to activate ipmi in idrac 9 ??

is it possible ?

dell.PNG

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 16th, 2021 05:00

Hello @hbib,

I am sorry, but as Chris already mentioned. The chassis itself does not have an iDRAC, it is meant to be monitored using OpenManage Enterprise - Modular (Redfish API).

Regards.

8 Posts

April 16th, 2021 06:00

hello 

thanks @DiegoLopez 

but in the MX7000 documentations on page 29,

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Product_Docs/en/dell_emc_poweredge_mx7000_technical_guide.pdf (p.29)

it indicates that there is the possibility to work with ipmitool, I am looking for how to activate IPMI from the OpenManage Enterprise  ??
the procedure I find to activate the ipmi servers and not the chassis. but i need the chassis itself.
I am looking for this monitoring solution by command to integrate it into software with script

thanks 

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

April 16th, 2021 07:00

Hello again @hbib,

Yes, endeed, the iDRAC is mentioned in the Documentation but it's becasue it is the Management tool for the sled servers, as you can see in page 35. And for the iDRAC it is possible to use ipmitool. But not for the chassis as it does not have an idrac.

Regards.

No Events found!