Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 1st, 2022 08:00

NIC 10GB BASE-T 0W1GCR COMPATIBILITY SERVERS

Hi, we bought DUAL PORT NIC BASE T model W1GCR , chipset Broadcom BCM-957810A 1008G for PowerEdge 710 and 720 servers... But we migrated many to R540 .. Is this NIC compatible with R540? I know that the slots of r540 are low profile.. but the r540 has a NIC of 1GB the same length.. so I think if I could use this slot...or not..?  and I need to know if it is compatible or not...

Thanks

Carlos

• 

8.4K Posts

June 1st, 2022 13:00

CARLOSAGU,

W1GCR is indeed supported in the R540, but oddly isn't showing compatible with the R710 you were referring to previously. 

Let me know if this helps.

• 

8.4K Posts

June 3rd, 2022 07:00

CARLOSAGU,

Dell had changed the file titles from Broadcom to Qlogic a few years ago when they merged. So the driver you are locating is very likely to be what you're looking for. Now the specific files shoould be listed under Network in the support page of each server model.

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2022 08:00

Hi, Thanks for your answer

Where could we get the list of compatibles servers of this NIC? We had many Poweredge 710, 720, 720xd and R540 ... This NIC is for full-length PCI slots..  We bought the 8 NICs for the 710 and 720 Poweredge.. We installed 2 of them in 2 Poweredge 710, and it wasnt recognized...

• 

3.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2022 10:00

Hello CARLOSAGU

There is not such a list, as far as I know, but if you are on the Dell web site and find a NIC you are interested in , most, should show the compatible systems.

Example:   Intel X520 Dual Port 10Gigabit SFP Server Adapter Ethernet PCIe Low Profile

Click Compatibility

It will list: This product is compatible with the following systems:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/intel-x520-dual-port-10gigabit-sfp-server-adapter-ethernet-pcie-low-profile/apd/540-bbdw/networking

Now is you have a part in hand with the Dell part number (DP/N) and let us know the server model you are using we can search the parts database to confirm if it is validated or not.

3 Posts

June 3rd, 2022 07:00

Hi Charles, the NIC has DP/N 0W1GCR.

I searched on DELL site, but i couldn´t find any information....

I need to download drivers for it.. too.. but couldn´t find where... The NIC has Broadcom chipset, but I only found drivers for Qlogic... such Qlogic adquired this part of Broadcom.., I think it would be the same...

No Events found!