Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2014 02:00

PE M620 Critical Error: WATCHDOG TIMER EXPIRE

Good Day,

I am facing an issue since yesterday around 12:00 AM. My chassis M1000e LED is flashing amber and i

have the following critical error on one of my PE M620: WATCHDOG TIMER EXPIRE.

When i open an Idrac session all the components are marqued as "unidentified"

The M620 is still working without any appearing sign of problem.

I don't really know what is the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

261 Posts

September 19th, 2014 08:00

Hi there, 

If you reviewed your hardware and operating system logs and found that there was there issues, then look at updating the iDRAC. It sounds like just a communication issue. You may have to reset the iDRAC if it is not responding.  (racadm racreset).

Let us know if that works for you. 

261 Posts

September 19th, 2014 09:00

Hi there, 

If you reviewed your hardware and operating system logs and found that there were no issues, then look at updating the iDRAC/BIOS/CMC. It sounds like just a communication issue. You may have to reset the iDRAC if it is not responding  (racadm racreset).

Let us know if that works for you. 

14 Posts

September 19th, 2014 10:00

Thank you DELL-BO

i reseted the iDRAC and now the LED of the M620 is solid blue but the LED under the screen of the CMC is still flashing amber. And when looking the Web interface of the CMC the server status is still critical

Any other advise?

261 Posts

September 23rd, 2014 09:00

Sorry for the delay. Where you able to determine the source of the alert?  If the CMC is alerted in a critical status then the CMC hardware log should indicate the issue. What are you CMC logs showing? 

No Events found!