Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 29th, 2014 12:00

PE R720 Hard Drives Not Recognized

This is a newly purchased machine ordered without OS. I attempted to install Windows server 2008 R2 Standard but stalled at the point that drivers for the hard drive needed to be loaded. In preparation for the installed I downloaded all of drivers relevant to the hardware and had a disc ready for input. Files were burned directly to the root directly but still the installation failed because it could not find the drives. I cannot get off the ground to get Open Manager or any other tools started because drives cannot be setup.

Can anyone tell me how to get started with this? Thank you, ykelley

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 7th, 2014 14:00

You need drivers.  2008 R2?

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02416328M/2/SAS-RAID_Driver_W2K8R2_D5N8T_A06_6.802.21.00_ZPE.exe

Download and run to extract, the put the files on a flash drive, and click the Load Drivers link on the page that says no hard drives are found.

Why RAID 0?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

April 29th, 2014 12:00

Which controller are you using?

If you are using the H710, then keep in mind that it does NOT support non-RAID, so you MUST configure and initialize RAID in the CTRL-R utility for the PERC before any drives can be seen, even with the proper drivers.

October 7th, 2014 14:00

I need to share my problem , please advice to complete the installation of windows in Dell server.

I have Dell R720 and controller is H710 with three HARD DISK OF 300 GB, already configured RAID 0 and it is showing virtual drive. 

But the Problem is once I am installing windows 2008 or any windows, Not showing any Drive while setup is running . How to enable this driver to appear in while setup.

Thanks, Safi

3 Posts

February 21st, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Recently purchassed 4 PowerEdge R720, and i was stuck on installing W2K8 step.

Many thanks for the link, this realy helped me :-)

27 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 09:00

On the 12th Generation servers, I'd recommend going through Lifecycle Controller and doing an OS deployment from there. This will load all required drives and allow you to configure RAID for the install. More information available here: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20300199

3 Posts

February 24th, 2015 05:00

Yes, indeed that was my plan on preaparing the servers and was successfuly installed.

However, after installing my drivers specialy the Broadcom NetExtreme NIC controllers i was unable de set them at 1GB/s speed duplex (i only have at 100Mb/s Full duplex and then auto) i insalled the last Driver version 16.6.0.4

any idea how to correct this without passing by a reinstall of all the system by LifeCycle ?

Thanks for your help.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 25th, 2015 06:00

Each component in the overall driver package has a different version ... could just be for the NDIS portion.

3 Posts

February 25th, 2015 06:00

Oh thanks, but unfortunatly i was unable to have the last dirver version when installing, i did a full unistall and re-install using the new files but still having the old version ... Strange !

No Events found!