Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2015 08:00

PE2950 PERC 5i Firmware Update Server 2012R2

Hi All,

I've been trying to update the PERC 5i firmware to 5.2.2-0072_A09 on a resurrected PE2950 running Server 2012R2 but it just won't happen...

If I try and run the update from the downloaded file it says "the Update Package is running on an unsupported new operating system" . I've also downloaded SUU 14 and tried the update (running the install from a network share (as I don't have a dual layer dvd burner and its 8Gb) and it says it completed successfully but also reports "This update package is not applicable to this device" and the log for the install shows:

<< PACKAGE LOG (SelfExtractable) >>
NOT be continued by default in silent mode.

The update process is terminated.

==============================> Update Result <==========================

Update was not applied

=========================================================================

Exit code = 5 (Qualification error)

2015-05-07 15:49:59

<< PACKAGE LOG (SelfExtractable) >>
Date: 2015-05-07 15:49:59

=========================================================================

The card is recognised and working correctly but would just like to get the firmware up to date...

Any help appreciated

6 Posts

May 7th, 2015 09:00

Typical...

I post a message then it works. I'd seen a post about troubleshooting compatibility and followed the steps but they didn't work but as a last ditch attempt I ran the update package in XP SP3 compatibility mode and it installed and prompted for a reboot and hey presto, its working.

The package I used was SAS-RAID_Firmware_2RPK0_WN32_5.2.2-0072_A09 downloaded from here: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Hope that provides some help for others out there...

No Events found!