Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2017 10:00

Power Edge T110 - Dell PERC H200 Adapter - New Raid-1 Issue

High to all.

My Server has a Raid-1 with two 1TB SAS Disks in the PERC H200 Controller.

Today i got two SATA 1Tb  disks and i create a new Windows Volume with Drive Letter D. (Now it is still initialize the new Partition D)  I want to transfer all the data from partition C: to the New Partition D: without loosing any Data. After the transfer (Copy) i will start the server from the D: Partition (It will be the new startup Volume) 

I include a photo to see the two Partitions. 

Can someone advice me a program to use to do the transfer? Is any way from the Dell Manager to do this?

Thanks

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 18th, 2017 11:00

There are lots of free ones like EaseUS Disk Copy and Clonezilla. There are other paid software, like Acronis.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

No, there is no Dell tool to do this. You CANNOT simply copy the data from one disk to another. You need to either do a full backup of C: and restore to D: (which will then become C:), OR you need to do a clone from one to the other. The letter "D" means nothing during this process - you can delete it, then clone from the existing "disk" to the new/empty "disk". ("Disk" refers to the disk seen in Disk Management, which is the virtual/logical drive created by the RAID controller.)

4 Posts

Perfect. Do you have any tool for clone to tell me?
No Events found!