Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 28th, 2016 07:00

Power Requirements for Dell Products

How do I conclude the power requirements for Dell servers?

For example for Dell R730 servers, in the the technical specifications following are the ratings specified. I have three options to choose from. On what basis should I decide whether it's 495, 750 or 1100 Watts? 

AC Power Supply (per power supply)

Wattage: 495 W, 750 W, or 1100 W

Heat dissipation NOTE: Heat dissipation is calculated using the power supply wattage rating.
1908 BTU/hr maximum (495 W power supply)
2891 BTU/hr maximum (750 W power supply)
4100 BTU/hr maximum (1100 W power supply)

• 

6.2K Posts

February 28th, 2016 09:00

Hello

We have tools to help plan power and cooling requirements for systems and datacenters. You can enter your configuration into one of our planners and it should list the peak wattage required to run the configuration. You can use that to determine the minimum wattage PSU that will be required.

There may also be a feature difference and not simply a wattage difference between the PSUs. I would suggest reviewing the manual or technical guide for notes on the different PSUs. Certain features may not be available in the lower wattage PSUs.

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/campaigns/config_calculator

Thanks

27 Posts

February 29th, 2016 03:00

Thank You but the Dell R730 servers is missing in the list.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2016 09:00

Thank You but the Dell R730 servers is missing in the list.

I checked and it is listed. Make sure you are using ESSA. There are two utilities on that page. ESSA is for newer systems and DCCP is our legacy tool for older systems.

Thanks

No Events found!