Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2019 08:00

PowerEdge 2970 PCIe Training Error

Hello:

I send you this message because a few days ago, our Dell PowerEdge 2970 server that is out of warranty has stopped working and, when we try to start it, always offers the following information:
PCIe Training Error: Integrated Storage Slot
System halted!

We are interested in getting it back on track,

Does Dell have a repair service for out-of-warranty servers?

Otherwise, can someone tell us what could be failing and, if possible, what electronic card should we replace to get it going again?

Thank you very much and best regards.1560168227534.JPEG

• 

8.4K Posts

June 13th, 2019 04:00

I could give you a couple part numbers to look for, but Dell hasn't sold 73gb drives in several years, so I wouldn't be able to point you in the right direction on where to find them.

RW675
RW548 (current hard drives part number)

• 

8.4K Posts

June 10th, 2019 12:00

MiguelMartic,

The first thing to confirm is if there is actually a card installed in the integrated slot.

If so then try reseating it, if that doesn't resolve the issue then remove it to see if it completes POST. 

If there isn't a card installed then we are likely looking at an issue with the board.

Now if you do have it, and removing it allows the server to complete POST, then we need to consider the controller is failed.

Also on a side note, if this is a new install of the card and you see this error then it may be that the card isn't intended for the integrate storage slot and should try the pcie ports.

Let me know what you see

June 11th, 2019 10:00

Thank you very much for your answer, Chris.

As you indicated, I have two Digium cards that use two PCIe ports on this server.

After playing mounting and dismounting them, I can identify one of them in bad condition.

I also found another additional problem in one of the two hard disks of the server raid. Now I am looking for this disk to replace it, the one that is currently running is a SCSI-SAS 73 G disk, (although it is small in size, it is enough since this server only supports an Asterisk service and the data storage is done externally in a database engine). Annex image of the features of the disk to see if you can recommend an alternative, (I guess larger), to buy Dell and can continue to run in raid with the disk that is still running.

Thanks again and receive a warm greeting.20190611_183232[1].jpg

No Events found!