Highlighted

RE: PowerEdge R420 - Integrated Perc H310 Raid not finding drives

Jump to solution

Just reviewed what we discussed earlier. YOu stated that you had it connected to the SATA port on the motherboard. With the mini you will need to move that cable to SAS A over near where the mini card was connected. You will see SAS A silkscreened next to the port. SWitch the cable to there and check if the drives are visible.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cyhepalle
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear Chris,

Thank you. problem solved !!!

YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cyhepalle
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Dear Chris,

many ,many thanks. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

You are the best!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Glad to help, sorry I didn't catch that earlier in the discussion. Good luck and keep the community in mind if you have any other questions or concerns.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
marc-becker
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just received an H310 card from Dell to upgrade my R220.  But it didn't include any cables to connect the drives to the card.  Can you send me the part number I need to order?

0 Kudos
LTSGroup
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i am using a Dell T410 that i have followed all the directions that i have seen in this forum and still cant get the drives to show up. What am i missing? 

0 Kudos
uahmed1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

hi chris, 

I'm facing a very similar situation(hard disks not detecting) with a dell poweredge 420.

i have tried doing the following:

1. """From within the CTRL-R Perc BIOS hit CTRL-N from the main screen, that takes you to the Physical Disks Mgmt page. Are they listed there?"""

the hard disks are not listed there.

2. """Two audible "click" sound will produce when the mini PERC is fully installed."""

have double checked this. perc is seated correctly. beside the heatsink with don't touch sign on the perc controller. theres a black chip. its tagged D172.(if that helps)

also. i have three hard drives. two blink upon installation. one of them does not blink at all. whether i change the order in which they are installed in the slots. (does it matter if a hard disk goes into any of the slots or the slots are bound to individual hard disks in any way). previously windows and ubuntu were running in dual boot on the system. they don't anymore. instead i see boot failed for both entries. and then it asks to press  

here's a list of observations. 

a yellow LED is blinking on PERC controller during POST.

i see the following on the screen as well during/after POST.

virtual drives found on host adapter

virtual drives handled by BIOS

non raid drives found on host adapter 

virtual drives handled by BIOS.

boot failed : windows 

boot failed : ubuntu 

press f1 to retry boot, f2 for system setup, f11 for boot manager. 

thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
onetraveler06
1 Copper

RE: PowerEdge R420 - Integrated Perc H310 Raid not finding d

Jump to solution

Same issue  --  trying to load Slackware 12.2.  Will not recognize 2 installed SATA drives.  Perc H310 shows the physical drives.  Take out the Perc H310 connect to SATA and everything works fine and can load Slack.  Any ideas????

0 Kudos
theflash1932
6 Indium

RE: PowerEdge R420 - Integrated Perc H310 Raid not finding d

Jump to solution

The difference is the controller drivers … it has drivers for the chipset to talk to the drives without the PERC, but it doesn't have drivers for the PERC. It appears that only SUSE and RHEL are supported Linux distros on here, so you could try one of those, or you could even try a Ubuntu driver from the same controller in one of the Precision workstations. Otherwise, it's probably not compatible with the H310 and you'll need to remove it or use a different OS.

0 Kudos