DELL-Rey G
1 Nickel

RE: PowerEdge R620 - Unexpected shutdown

I would start with making sure that all the drivers and firmware are up to date. For the firmware, you can use the LifeCycle controller (LC) to perform the updates. This video will show you how to do the firmware update, but its missing the part where you choose which network connection to use. If you havnt used the LC for firmware update before, it will ask you to configure a network port that will allow connection to the ftp site. 
if you try to connect to the ftp site and you get a DNS error, try using the ip address for the ftp site: 143.166.147.76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImWYrS4RGIY

if the system isnt in use, you could try powering on the system and let it sit at the bios boot menu for a few days. if it doesnt reboot, I would look at an OS issue or an environmental/power issue. 

#iwork4Dell

Dell Lifecycle Controller facilitates you to update the firmware with the latest available components by selecting one of the following as the repository location: *FTP Share *Local Drive (CD or DVD or USB) *Network Share - CIFS (Common Internet File System) - NFS (Network File System) Launch the
0 Kudos
cocoiri
1 Copper

Hi  DELL-Rey G,

thank you for reply. I will try updating from FTP in next days, as server is in production now and I must find a time window with low load. In attached screenshot, as you can see, almost all FW versions are up to date.

dell-r640-firmware-ver.png

0 Kudos
torrentz
1 Copper

Hi, 

Having same issue on Dell R620. Hope to find resolution as I don't want to replace it with other brand. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Bonjour,

J'ai exactement le même problème avec mon T330.

Avez-vous trouvé la solution ?

0 Kudos
Paolo1973
1 Nickel

Any solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos