Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2017 21:00

PowerEdge T320. iDRAC Initialization error.

I reset the server, then i got the message

Warning! iDRAC initialization error. Continuing to boot may yield unexpected power loss due to unknown power inventory and varios features lost such as Remote access,...

Management engine mode : Active
Managemnet engien firmware version: 0002.0001

path     :  0005

build:    006d

strike the f1 to continue, f2 to run the system setup program

iDRAC Settings:

SWC0700: iDRAC is nor ready.

And then Fan Running Full Speed

Thank you in advance for your replies.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 09:00

Hello.

This error may be cleared by draining the system flea power. Disconnect the AC power cables, press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds wait a little before rebooting the server. If this does not help, consider restore the system BIOS to default by clearing the system NVRAM using jumpers on the system board. Ensure that the iDRAC, BIOS and LifeCycle  firmware is up to date.

3 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 21:00

Hello,

The problem persists. 

I followed the steps but continued giving the same error

Thanks

1 Message

October 4th, 2017 11:00

I am having the same issue with our T320 server.

1 Message

October 16th, 2017 16:00

I have a T320 server that started experiencing the same exact issues this morning. Were you able to resolve? I fear I may have to replace the motherboard, since the system is out of warranty. 

1 Message

November 15th, 2017 12:00

I have same issue after lifecycle update on T320.

TFTP option may be solution

buildingtents.wordpress.com/.../

4 Posts

January 18th, 2018 07:00

I Have a T420 and updating 6 firmware updates timed out midway via FTP in Lifecycle. I had no choice but to restart which said not to. It was late, under pressure and regret it since. I will be attempting to Boot via a WinPE OS and run through the .exe firmware updates.  

1 Message

October 17th, 2018 08:00

Hello. I'm having the exact same issue with a T320. Has anyone been able to fix it without replacing the mobo? I have tried letting the server sit without the cmos battery and without power for several days, I have tried going into the OS and applying idrac update exe packages, and I have tried defaulting every bios option could find. It is still failing to initialize the idrac.

15 Posts

January 17th, 2019 10:00

Add me to the list... (T320)

:Crying:

Have been going through several of the techniques listed and all have failed thus far. Migrated the services on the server to another machine but am really hoping to salvage this server...

February 1st, 2019 06:00

i have the same problem and in this moment the fans run like a jet engine!!!!

it's possible to disabled idrac on bios?

in my t320 I have idrac express and so I can not replace the card. Waiting for a definitive solution I would like to disable hydrac.

8 Posts

January 10th, 2020 18:00

same problem with DELL PowerEdge T320.

tried clear NVRAM and upgrade from windows server. but nothing.

does anybody knows how to solve that?

No Events found!