Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2017 21:00

PowerEdge T410 server won't turn on but power supply LED and fan turn on when pushed and a green LED can be seen inside the chassis from the rear

On 4-21-17, there was a planned electrical shutdown in the building so I shut down the PowerEdge T410 server but I didn't disconnect the power cord from the surge protector.

On 4-23-17, it won't turn on.  I can see a green LED from the rear of the chassis. 

The rear power supply button turns on the fan and lights the green LED.

Any suggestions?

Hank

• 

8.4K Posts

April 24th, 2017 09:00

HenryBlatorraca,

I would start by taking the server to its Minimum to Post configuration, that is removing everything from the server but the following;

• System board
  • CPU1 (Min for troubleshooting)
  • Heatsink for CPU1 for prevention of over-heating
  • One memory DIMM in DIMM A1 for CPU1.
  • Power Supply (PDB is required for redundant PSU)
  • Control Panel

After removing everything then try powering the server back up. If it powers up then I would shut down and then individually start adding the removed parts back, until the issue repeats itself, which identifies the part causing the issue. If you get everything reinstalled and still no error, then it may mean something wasn't seated securely. 

If when you take the server to the Min to Post configuration and it doesn't start, then first try checking that CPU 1 is firmly seated, also verify all external connections are removed

Let me know what you see.

No Events found!