PowerEdge Hardware General

Last reply by 08-22-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

PowerEdge T620 GPU installation

Hello,

I am using T620 at work. I am not sure if I have the GPU enablement kit installed. I bought Nvida K4000 and installed it according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqP1goE06u8 .

When I opened the T620, I didn't see anything like PCI power cables. T620 doesn't recognize the GPU card. Could you help me with it?

Thanks,

Joowook

Replies (7)

Joowkim,

You likely need the GPU power cable, part number 3692K. I would start there.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Thank you. Could you also tell me where I plug in the GPU power cable on the workstation? If you show me pictures, that would be greatly appreciated.

J

Actually I am not sure that I am correct in my previous post, as the K4000 is a 30w GPU, so the power cable shouldn't be required. So that makes me think it is slot location. Would you confirm the slot you have the card installed, as it is only supported in slot 2 or 4 (single CPU configuration)?

Let me know.

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Thank you so much for helping me with this. So I should install the GPU in slot in red. Am I correct?

poweredget620.png

4 Beryllium

The docs says the K(epler)4000 consumes up to 80 watt with is a little bit over the 70-75Watt a PCIe will deliver.

Also.. often are special bios settings needed when it comes to memory mapping. Is the K4000 supportet and if so did yo read the docs?

Regards,
Joerg

3 Argentum

Hi, If there are compatibility issues then you can try any of the two below methods:

1. Rollback Graphics Driver from Device Manager: For this, you need to roll back the Graphic Driver to the older version. 

2. Install a compatible driver like Advanced Driver Updater.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor