dcol
1 Nickel

RE: Poweredge T20 CPU compatability

Update to previous post. Video card was not the issue. If you have system running in UEFI mode, then a UEFI capable video card must be used. The only one I had that supported UEFI was the R7-240. Switching to Legacy mode, all the cards work.

ubermik
1 Nickel

Thank you for posting this question, I recently bought a T20 when the last cash back offer was on to replace a HP Microserver N54L that was starting to creak a bit and WOW

For a budget machine it flies, with a quite mundane Sandisk SSD Plus 240gb and 8gb of ram the thing boots windows 10 in around 7 seconds and does a restart in not much over 10 seconds which is only with the G3220 chip

So when I saw the cash back was either till going or had re-emerged I wanted another one to replace a HP ML110 which seems dreadful next to the dell

But with the second one I would like a beefier CPU which I was googling when I found this thread to see if the E3-1225 v3 was a better choice or if I should get another 3220 and then upgrade, and the 1275 almost matches its equivalent I7 on every score even beating I in some areas (i7-4770)

And this thread also answered my other ponderance about whether an r7-240 would require too much power from the teensy 230 watt PSU or whether  I would also need to budget for a bigger one

People are too quick to criticise PC hardware when they have an issue but slow to praise them. But as cash back deals on low end machines like this are the only machines inside of my meagre budget I can honestly say its been decades since a new PC has impressed me so much (the horrible flimsy plastic drive caddies and LP DVD aside lol)

The thing flies (compared to anything else I have) and for the price is just amazing

The 1275 v3 doesnt look like an economical upgrade when bought new and I havent seen anything else worth considering that is better than the 1225 that doesnt work out MUCH more expensive for little increase in performance. So unless someone has any suggestions I might just go for the 1225 in my second one

A last question, is the PSU a standard one that can be swapped out for a corsair gold series PSU I have spare or have the pins been swapped around to make it proprietary?

0 Kudos
weylandts
1 Copper

Hey Guys I have a old hp ProLiant dl380 G7 with

in it, would it be better to use one of these in the dell t20 or will it not work as I heard they slow old dogs.

0 Kudos
Ma77.leo
1 Copper

Hi, I have the T20 with 4gb ram, pentium g3320 3ghz. What CPUs you this support?

0 Kudos