Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2014 11:00

Procedure to install the latest firmware and driver with the help of Dell Repository Manager

I have to install latest firmware and driver for the server model PowerEdge 2950 with the help of Dell repository manager. I need a procedure to create repository as an online repository not a ISO repository using Dell repository manager.

• 

8.4K Posts

July 8th, 2014 13:00

Jebar,

I am not certain what you are trying to achieve. The "Online Repository" would be the ftp.dell.com site. Repository Manager will allow you to create customized updates from that online repository to be able to be run locally or run remotely. So if you would could you clarify your intentions a little more on the repository you are wanting to create?

Let me know. Thanks. 

July 8th, 2014 23:00

Dell online repository can be customised to create your own repository. From the Dell online repository, select the PowerEdge 2950 bundle and export as a New Repository. This newly created repository will be available in My Repository tab which can be opened and saved as Catalog.xml alone or complete repository with all the updates.

July 10th, 2014 03:00

Please follow the below procedure:

1. Load the latest Dell Online catalog

2. Select the latest version of PE2950 Bundle either Windows or Linux depending on the operating system on the server

3. Click on Export Button

4. Choose the option Export to light weight deployment scripts and choose Next to provide the location to create the deployment pack.

5. Click on "Finish" button. Once the creation of deployment pack is complete, this folder can be copied to the PE2950 server and  double click the apply_components file.

If you require an automatic detection of firmwares and drivers to be upgraded, the suggested option would be creation of Customized SUU in the form of a directory. Please note that creation of SUU requires a plugin to be downloaded from ftp.dell.com.

Please do let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Sindhu

3 Posts

July 10th, 2014 03:00

Yes,  Kindly provide the steps to create this online repository, So that It will help me to create the repository for my server.

Please check belows are my requirements.

1. Need to identify automaticallly which are the drivers and firmware to be upgraded.

2. Dowload those identified drivers and firware  setup and place it into server hard disk.

3. And install those drivers and firmware when the server is running (online).

• 

8.4K Posts

July 10th, 2014 06:00

Jebar,

From the Dell online repository, select the PowerEdge 2950 bundle and export as a New Repository. This newly created repository will be available in My Repository tab which can be opened and saved as Catalog.xml alone or the complete repository with all the updates

1. Load the latest Dell Online catalog

2. Select the latest version of PE2950 Bundle either Windows or Linux depending on the operating system on the server

3. Click on Export Button

4. Choose the option Export to light weight deployment scripts and choose Next to provide the location to create the deployment pack.

5. Click on "Finish" button. Once the creation of deployment pack is complete, this folder can be copied to the PE2950 server and  double click the apply_components file.

If you require an automatic detection of firmwares and drivers to be upgraded, the suggested option would be creation of Customized SUU in the form of a directory. Please note that creation of SUU requires a plugin to be downloaded from ftp.dell.com.

No Events found!