Highlighted

Re: Qlogic menu broke HBA

Franz78,

Could you confirm if Flex Addressing is enabled or not, also would you send me the svc tags (enclosure as well) in a Private Message, so I may confirm if you have the FA upgrade?

If it is enabled, then power down, disable FA, then bring systems back up. 

Let me know wht you see.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I apologize for the delay. I am researching the issue and will be back with you. 

Chris Hawk

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Chris,

I see from Qlogic document that eficfg should be able to edit nvram data as wwpn (so at least I can recover all hba functionality).

http://driverdownloads.qlogic.com/QLogicDriverDownloads_UI/SearchProductPreviousRelease.aspx?Product...

unfortunately when I try I receive error that qlogic driver doesn't support configuration protocol.

If you need we can organize a remote session

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

Meanwhile waiting for Chris to get some info, would be able to gather a SupportAssist log and send it to us via iDRAC. 

I would wonder, do you think the OS can affect the WWPN not to be reset and still reflecting the same WWPN as your screenshot. 

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

No, OS can't  affect WWPN.

On FC fabric, at bios phase (so preboot environment), I just see the wwpn since it's needed to access storage to boot from san.

After the change I see the same WWPN on both fabric, while before was different.

When I set boot from san setting, I was able to see storage target that mean wwpn was the right one and zoning was coherent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would recommend that you call in for assistance. I discussed the issue with others and advise that would be the best course of action. 

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I can't call support. Blade are out of maintenance

0 Kudos