Highlighted
LevelsAudio
1 Copper

R33O MEMORY 0129 ERROR

Hi I have an single proc R330 that has 4x8GB DIMMs that came with the server. I wanted to bump up the memory and bought 2x16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 ECC Registered memory. When I put the new memory into slots 1 and 3 and keep the old in slots 2 and 4, I get an error. Any info would be helpful as I thought that this would work and according to the Dell manual it should.

Thanks

Adrian

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: R33O MEMORY 0129 ERROR

Hello.

Larger size memory modules ought to be populated on the memory slots with white sleeves such that you have: Slots A1 &A2 = 16GB and Slots A3 &A4 8GB. Try this configuration and monitor the same memory error.

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos
LevelsAudio
1 Copper

I tried that, in my original post I was incorrect with the numbering of the memory slots. I put the new memory in the white slots which are A1 and A2, and kept the smaller factory dimms in the black slots. The front panel is orange and says memory is detected but not configurable. Error 0129.

0 Kudos

I wanted to bump up the memory and bought 2x16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 ECC Registered memory.

Note that the R330 server support DDR4 ECC unbuffered DIMMs (UDIMMs) which are either Single Rank or Dual Rank. Consider purchasing supported UDIMMs and not registered DIMMs like P/N 7XRW4.

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos