Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2015 14:00

R610 Perc6/1 Drivers for Xenserver 6.5.0

XenServer install fails - can't find the drivers. Any suggestion as to where they are hiding?

• 

6.2K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 17:00

Hello

I'm not aware of drivers that we supply for Xenserver for the PERC 6/i. Citrix has validated the PERC6/i to function on 6.5. The native driver should work. If you are running some custom image then the appropriate SAS driver may have been removed.

http://hcl.xensource.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductType=HBA&ProductName=PERC+6%2fi

If it is a standard retail image then the PERC may not be initializing properly. Check to make sure you can enter the controller BIOS. You could also try booting to another OS to see if the PERC is functional. Also, check to see if the missing driver is from another device like a thumb drive.

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 21:00

Also keep in mind that the PERC does not support non-RAID, so you will have to have configured and initialized a RAID array first.

June 4th, 2015 14:00

Daniel,

Thanks for the hints - it was the PERC controller having issues - after that was addressed XenServer loaded like a charm!

June 4th, 2015 14:00

Flash,

Yep - that was the problem, PERC was dead!

Thanks!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

June 4th, 2015 15:00

If that fixed it, that is not an "issue" and doesn't mean the card is "dead" ... by design, does not support non-RAID.

No Events found!