Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2017 04:00

R640 - weird error

Hi,

Can anyone pls share what the following error indicates? I don't understand it.

"Unable to access Front LED Panel because of a hardware error condition".

The error appears on the dashboard of the DRAC, under Miscellaneous, but gives no indication what hardware is in trouble. Everything seems fine on the server otherwise.

Thx,

John Bradshaw

• 

8.4K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 09:00

Bradje1,

I would start by reseating the cable connections for the control panel, located in the picture below.

I would try reseating the connections, if that doesn't resolve then you can try swapping with a known goo, if you have another R640.

Let me know what happens.

743 Posts

October 2nd, 2017 12:00

Thx very much Chris.

I have raised a ticket with Dell Support for a tech to come.

JB

743 Posts

October 3rd, 2017 14:00

Tech came today and reseated that cable. Fixed!

Thx Chris!!

December 8th, 2020 14:00

Hi there,

I have the same error on 2 of 3 our ESXi hosts. Currently working on renewing our Dell support contract. But in the meantime, I would like to understand the severity level of this issue since our servers seem to work okay for the time being? I understand that there is a connection issue to the control panel LED or something and it might require a board or cable replacement, but I guess I want to know what is it limiting us from doing as of now? Could this issue cause any further issues for us? I want to present a good case for my manager to help me renew the contract. On the other hand, if it's not something to worry about and it doesn't need to be done asap, I can maybe also explain that. Thanks!

• 

3.6K Posts

December 9th, 2020 19:00

Hi, you can refer to the solution proposed already in the previous post.

Can you look at the servers to see if the Front LED Panels are displaying anything?

It may be a hardware issue, it may be just a reporting issue (maybe firmware update required).

You can also access iDRACs and check System Even Logs – maybe there are other errors there, which can explain why the LCD panel is not accessible.

Hope this helps and have a great one.

No Events found!