Highlighted
jpoandl
1 Nickel

R710 - IDRAC Remote Console disconnect - "The network connection has been dropped"

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have noticed then when using the Remote Console through the IDRAC on R710 servers (only), that my connection get dropped fairly often.  I'm trying to discover why this happens.  I do know, that this happens on every one of my R710's (I have 100's or them in the data center).

I also have many M610's, and M710's.,., and do NOT see this type of problem.  It only happens on the R710's.

Anyway... after being connected to the IDRAC Remote Console for 5 to 10 minutes, the following error message is displayed:

The Viewer has terminated:

The Network connection has been dropped.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpoandl
1 Nickel

Re: R710 - IDRAC Remote Console disconnect - "The network connection has been dropped"

Jump to solution

We were able to fix this problem very easily.  We found that our Switches were set to 100/Full and the IDRAC network settings was set to AUTO negotiate.

The fix was to set the IDRAC nic to 100/Full.

2 Replies
jpoandl
1 Nickel

Re: R710 - IDRAC Remote Console disconnect - "The network connection has been dropped"

Jump to solution

Note:  I get the same error in both IE and Firefox.

0 Kudos
jpoandl
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

We were able to fix this problem very easily.  We found that our Switches were set to 100/Full and the IDRAC network settings was set to AUTO negotiate.

The fix was to set the IDRAC nic to 100/Full.