Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

2 Posts

June 9th, 2018 12:00

R710 disk activity LED solid green.

Hello,

I am having a minor issue with a few of the drive caddys on my R710 server. The disk activity LED is staying lit solid green when there is no hard drive activity. When hard drive activity is taking place, the LEDs blink as normal.

Raid controller: PERC 6/i

Hard drives: Seagate 15k SAS 3.5

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

• 

8.4K Posts

June 11th, 2018 08:00

RSanders91,

The lights is deriving from the backplane and if they're staying solid then the backplane is not able to verify communication to the drive. What I would suggest is reseat the drive, as well as make sure that you're not using a different interposer, or that you forgot to remove the interposer from the old drive.

If the issue continues then try the drive in another slot, if the same occurs in the new slot then we may need to look at replacing the drive. If it is a third party drive then replacing it will not likely resolve the issue, as 3rd party drives may not have full functionality, so if the data is accessible I would not worry about the activity light being solid.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 10:00

Non-DELL drives will do this as well. If they were not purchased from Dell they behave like this. Not sure why. Others have commented on this type of behavior. 

No Events found!