Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2019 06:00

RACADM FX2s CMC NTP enable and configuration question

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to write a RACADM command to enable and configure NTP but I can't seem to find information on the proper command. The following webpage shows a command using cfgRemoteHosts and a paired object:

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/poweredge-fx2/cmcfx2fx2s13ug-v1/troubleshooting-network-time-protocol-ntp-errors?guid=guid-975c56d8-0d1e-4710-8944-98eb0e6e24fb&lang=en-us

But I can't find information on that group via help or the racadm manual. However, when I run the command against my FX2s CMC, it works so I know it's there but I want to find out about the objects and everything underneath the cfgRemoteHosts group. The property database group and object descriptions don't have an entry for cfgRemoteHosts.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/poweredge-fx2/cmcfx2fx2s22racadm/cmc-property-database-group-and-object-descriptions?guid=guid-ca6e4016-78fc-4e69-9d4b-e1d935df76bd&lang=en-us

Thank you for your help!

• 

6.2K Posts

September 13th, 2019 11:00

Hello

If you are trying to retrieve information then you would use getconfig in place of config.

racadm getconfig -g cfgremotehosts

Then, to specify an object from within that group you would run:

racadm getconfig -g cfgremotehosts -o cfgrhostsntpenable

That should return a 0 or 1 to indicate enabled or disabled. You should be able to swap out getconfig with config to make changes to the values.

Also, for information on the objects under cfgremotehosts, look in the iDRAC manual instead of the CMC manual. If you search "ntpenable" in the iDRAC manual on the FX2 document page you should be able to find the information you are looking for on the object.

Thanks

2 Posts

September 16th, 2019 06:00

Gotchya, thank you for the assist!

Will running this command enable NTP for the CMC as well? Even though it's under the iDRAC section?

• 

6.2K Posts

September 16th, 2019 09:00

cfgremotehosts is configuring NTP options on the CMC. I only recommend referencing the iDRAC manual because the CMC manual does not have adequate documentation on the objects.

No Events found!