Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2016 12:00

SUU from DRM 2.2 does not compare all components for T110

My T110 is well out of date for device driver updates (most are from 2011 when I bought it). The docs for DRM say the T110 is a supported model for the service. And, clearly, there are plenty of firmware and driver updates available as bundles for my operating system in the global catalog. 

My issue is that, when building an SUU from the bundle, SUU only noted the BIOS for update. I tried x86 for my OS as well, thinking maybe the server acually uses x86 instead of x64 for some drivers (which I've seen on the Optiplex line for some components) but it also only returned the BIOS, though ti did add a BMC firmware update. 

This would appear to be a bug in SUU identifying the hardware IDs installed on the server. I've verified that the component packages exist in the local repository that the SUU is polling against, and that at least some of those packages are correct for my installed hardware (easily identifiable items like the NIC and RAID controller). 

Is this a known issue for this model? This is a home server, but the R720s and R730s I've performed with task with at work show all components even if they are up to date. ANy help on what I may be missing here. I saw another post regarding this, but it didn't address the specific issue of identifying components to be updated, which I think is what the other poster was getting at as well. Yes, the repository is just a hold for packages, but the SUU is designed to ID installed drivers and compare for update isn't it? 

Thanks in advance for any clarity on this!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 6th, 2016 17:00

Hello.

We just tested and created the bundle for this server and worked fine without any issues. Meanwhile, you might have to consider applying the updates manually. Yes, it does compare the servers existing drivers and the current updates

No Events found!