Hello Sir,

I'm restart my PowerEdge 1950 server. 
During the boot, I received the following message:

Please help me ASAP

• 

6.2K Posts

April 27th, 2014 13:00

Hello Satbeer

Your server has an integrated storage slots that the PERC goes in. That error states that the link with that PCIe slot negotiated to x1 and it is supposed to negotiate to x4. This can be an issue with the PERC, sideplane, cables, or system board. Here are the steps I would suggest to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure you disconnect power cables and follow proper ESD procedures when touching anything inside the chassis.

• Remove the PERC and turn on the system
    • If error persists then move on to next step
    • If error stops then reinsert the PERC
    • If error returns with the PERC reinserted then the PERC will likely need to be replaced, but I would proceed with the remaining steps before replacment
  • Reseat the sideplane cables
  • If the error still persists with the PERC removed and sideplane cables reseated then test with known good cables and sideplane if available.
  • If no known good parts are available then test the system with the sideplane cables disconnected. The sideplane is required for POST, but let me know what error you receive with it disconnected.

If troubleshooting does not allow you to find the point of failure then you will need to start replacing most likely components. I would start with least expensive like cabling. The most likely point of failure would be the PERC. The second most likely would be the side plane. The least likely would be cabling or system board.

Thanks

April 28th, 2014 02:00

Thanks a lot sir problem resolved.

1 Message

December 24th, 2018 01:00

Try to unplug the lan cable

1 Message

March 4th, 2020 12:00

Hello,

Can you confirm what was the problem?

I am facing the same issue with Dell R710 server.

No Events found!