Mr. JD
2 Bronze

T 620 New hard drives (bare)installed, can't install OS, as "No boot device available"

Hard drive crashed. Replaced all three with identical hard drives. Now want to add OS Server 2016, but during install there is "no boot device available" hard drive to load the OS onto. Web info says the new hard drives are not "seen" by the motherboard. How do I get the Server 2016 OS to load onto a bare hard drive?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dell-DylanJ

Re: T 620 New hard drives (bare)installed, can't install OS, as "No boot device available"

It sounds like no RAID volume has been created yet, so I would begin with the controller. In addition, when you say "web info" are you referring to the iDRAC web interface?

I would recommend identifying what controller is in the server, then using it's configuration utility to see what the controller sees. If the drives show up, you would need to create your RAID volume.

If you don't want to use a RAID volume, you may need to remove the controller. Not all of our controller offerings have a pass-through mode that will send the drive directly to the OS.

#Iwork4Dell
0 Kudos