Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2012 12:00

T110 II does not boot after cpu upgrade

I have upgraded an T110 II from an i3 to a Xenon E3 1230V2 CPU. Before upgrading I upgraded to BIOS version 2.0.5 which according to the release notes support this processor.

When booting the server it now never gets past the POST. It stops with diagnostic lights 1 and lighting up ("Possible system resource configuration error" according to the owners manual).

Anyone know what the reason could be? There are two aftermarked PCIe cards in the server: a 3Ware 9650SE RAID card and an Intel GB network adaptor. Apart from that the configuration is as when delivered from DELL. 

Could it be a memory issue? Is Ivy Bridge possibly incompatible with the memory configuration (8GB MEMORY (4X2GB SINGLE RANK LV UDIMMS 1333MHz)? Any other ideas or experiences with this?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

August 31st, 2012 12:00

You might try 1) clearing the NVRAM using the jumpers on the motherboard (p.119 in the manual), and/or 2) removing the extra cards to see if they are the source of the conflict (you mentioned their presence but not if you had tried removing them).

No Events found!