Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

June 5th, 2019 05:00

T130/T330 - power on/off pins ?

Hello,

I have bare T130/T330 motherboard and i want to run it on standard ATX power supply and test some graphic cards.

So i powered up motherboard, to do that, needed is 8pin cable (proper diagram below).
One thing important, there is 12V standby, so it is necessary to use step-up DC/DC converter, because ATX plug has 5V standby.

I wasn't able to find pins which are responsible for starting motherboard, but at least motherboard starts as soon as power supply is turned on.

I will tests some graphic cards, when i will buy some ram.

At the moment i have one question.

1. Anyone can tell me where exactly is going cable from power button ? Is it a part of control panel cable bundle and it goes to 20 (diagram at bottom)?
I measured voltage on control panel (20) pins. pinout_ctrl_panel.jpgAnd shorting 13-14 cause motherboard to turn off and in standby i see voltage only on pin 15=5V, but shorting 13-15 cause only drop voltage to 0. No idea what to do now. Maybe i need to short 3pins ? 

dell-T130-T330.jpg

t330_systemboard.jpg

1 Message

October 13th, 2022 21:00

did you find a solution for this?

I just got an old T130 and am trying to use it with a standard atx PSU.

1 Message

September 16th, 2023 17:51

@WhatWhyIT2​ Hi. I've just replaced the original PSU with an ATX 850W one. I've used this adapter between the PSU and the motherboard

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B096TRW8KB/ref=cm_sw_r_apanp_H6gO4sbKfOGAu

In standby there is a very faint sound (bit louder than the one with the original PSU) coming from the mainboard area, but no other issues. The server starts and shuts down ok, no overheating or other obvious reactions.

Hope this helps. 

No Events found!