Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2014 21:00

T300 NIC card is not auto enabled, why

When my T300 Windows 2008 server is rebooted the nic/lan card is enabled but not connected. They do not see anything.

I have two cards but they need to be disabled then enabled before they workinstantly. What could be stopping them from automatically? I have tried booted them with static, booted with getting dhcp,and booted with one lan card disabled with the same results.

Suggestions...........

• 

6.2K Posts

April 27th, 2014 13:00

Hello

This is an issue with the driver or your router/switch. I would suggest that you delete the driver and reinstall with the most recent driver. There could also be a firewall or antivirus program that is blocking them. If updating the driver does not resolve the issue then boot to safe mode with networking. If they work fine there then you have some software running in normal mode that is causing a conflict. If you still encounter issues in safe mode then it is likely a problem with something on your network.

If you want any more suggestions then please let me know which NIC/LOM you are using.

Thanks

6 Posts

April 28th, 2014 20:00

Driver are up to date. I even disabled them and reinstalled the driver previously.  I killed the antivirus software (this is a windows 2008) and the issue did not go away.

No Events found!