Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2015 16:00

T310 - bmcfwuw.exe has stopped working

Hi Folks

I am hoping someone can assist with this one. My T310 fans are very loud noticed that others mentioned that firmware updates and bios resolve this. I have updates Bios and other firmware using the latest SUU.

However, I cannot get the iDRAC to take the 1.98AA update. I have tried both via the SUU and just the firmware update on its own. Every time I get the message "bmcfwuw.exe has stopped working"

Running Windows Server 2012 R2.

Hope someone can help with this as becoming very frustrating?

Regards

Craig

• 

8.4K Posts

May 8th, 2015 07:00

Cturnbull,

What I would suggest is update via the iDrac itself. Download and run the iDRAC6_1.98_A00.exe version of the update, located here, from a Windows environment. Located the folder that it extracts to, and within that folder you will see a file called firmimg.d6. Copy that file and then after locating the file then open the iDrac6 Web interface. Once there then select Drac Settings from the left and then select the Update tab. Browse to the location of the firmimg.d6 file and then Execute. Let me know if that allows the update to start, and finish as well.

3 Posts

May 8th, 2015 07:00

Thanks Chris, I will give that a try over the weekend.

Craig

3 Posts

May 8th, 2015 12:00

Uploading the update file via the idrac web page worked a treat. Nice quiet fans :)

Thanks again Chris.

12 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 03:00

I get same error trying to upgrade BMC firmware because of noisy fans from 1.70 to 1.95 it says

bmcfwuw.exe has stopped working

I tried the iDRAC6 link but it says wont run on system..

No Events found!