Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

3 Posts

December 6th, 2018 14:00

T330 Server 2016 reinstall

Initial Install of Server 2016 done with the trial Enterprise version of idrac 8 using the virtual console and .iso on a mounted flash drive. I am having issues with the Server OS and want to reinstall it, but my trial use of the enterprise version is over and am asking if there is another method to access the .iso. The server is for a small non-profit and the cost of the Enterprise version is pretty high for them. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Jim Mussulman

• 

6.2K Posts

December 6th, 2018 17:00

Hello

Microsoft has a USB tool that can be used to copy an image to a USB for installation. I suggest searching their knowledge base to see if it can be used with the version you are wanting to install. If the server does not have a disc drive then you can probably use a USB external disc drive as well.

Thanks

3 Posts

December 6th, 2018 18:00

Thank you Daniel. I will search for it. 

3 Posts

December 7th, 2018 12:00

I found the Microsoft tool and another one, but I wanted to do an idrac install so the device drivers would be installed first. I thought a bootable USB would not provide me with the drivers. 

• 

6.2K Posts

December 7th, 2018 15:00

Server 2016 should have all of the necessary drivers to install the OS, unless you are using the S130 RAID controller. You can update and install other drivers after the OS is installed. If you are using an S-series controller you will need to load the driver during OS installation.

You can try using the LifeCycle Controller to deploy the OS. Once the preparation is complete it will ask you to insert the OS installation disc. I'm not sure if it will recognize the USB as valid media.

No Events found!