8 Krypton

Update R510 firmware

Hi to all

I'm trying to update firmwares on an old R510 but I don't have any "F10" options to run the Lifecycle controller.

By pressing F10 during POST i'm albe to access to the DELL Unified Server Configurator but there isn't any firmware update option there.

Any suggestion? I don't have any operating system installed thus i can't update from the operating system.

0 Kudos
12 Replies

RE: Update R510 firmware

Ale123,

Try creating a bootable DVD or USB from the ISO on this link: https://dell.app.box.com/bootableR510 

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I've updated using the providEd disk but now I'm unable to access the lifecycle controller (f10) due to the warning "system services update required "

How can i update that?

0 Kudos

It looks like the LifeCycle Controller firmware was not applied. Try launching the iDRAC web interface and go to Update Firmware -> choose the file location and upload. Here is link to the file: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=80XJ1 

Robert Alakara

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I can't run the idrac web interface probably because is not working anymore due to the missing upgrade

I'm also unsure to have idrac or not in this server.

0 Kudos

Run updates one more time and make sure that you check the LifeCycle Controller firmware

Robert Alakara

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

There is nothing to check in the provided disk

Updates are automatically executed sequentially and LCC was updated on first run

I've tried running the same disc about 5 times but nothing change, I'm still unable to use the idrac or access the F10 option during boot

0 Kudos

I would suggest that you prepare the server for operating system installation using OS install media either DVD or USB.

Robert Alakara

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

I don't want to install an operating system to just access to the idrac configuration

This is non sense

0 Kudos

It is not for iDRAC access but rather to enable you update LCC within the operating system, now that we seem out of options.

Robert Alakara

0 Kudos