1 Copper

Updating BIOS for PowerEdge 840 with no floppy drive, no os only by usb

No OS installed. Showing all 4 HD lights green. No error light shown.

How do I update A01 bios to A06 of my poweredge 840 tower using usb drive?. can't make server to boot from usb drive(format 1gb usb using rufus free dos added A06 bios into it).  Follow all instructions as listed on support, but no luck. There is no boot from usb option in old  bios but I did select os installation on & usb as hard drive as per instruction. when booting Its go throw all memory chk, perc 5/i, bmc,network boot etc ok then its stop at select F1 and F2 for set up. hitting F1 going throw network boot cycle. Any one can help?Thanks

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Updating BIOS for PowerEdge 840 with no floppy drive, no os only by usb

Hello @Dellsystemuser,

I would suggest you using the Support Live Image (version 2.2). Boot from here (via Bootable USB) and try to apply the update file for Linux. I'm sharing with you the procedure and I hope you can follow them and let me know in which step you are having problems.

First, the general download and how to use instructions: Dell PowerEdge: How to download and use the Support Live Image?

This is the user guide.

This is the procedure about How to Create a Bootable USB Device with Rufus to Update Dell Servers

Regards.

logo
 Diego López

Social Media and Communities Professional
 Comunidad Dell | @DellAyudaPro | Eventos en línea