Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 2nd, 2018 06:00

VRTX CMC Virtual disks consistency report

Hello,

Where can i find the virtual disk consistency report in the VRTX CMC?

I just run the consistency check for the virtual disks but i'm unable to find the results/report for that.

I know that on OMSA i can view the consistency report/results but this virtual disks aren't available in OMSA.

thanks

311 Posts

March 29th, 2018 07:00

Thank you,

Please update CMC to Version 3.0.

Shared PERC8 to 23.14

Once updated, export a TTY log and see if the log now has the correct content.

23 Posts

March 29th, 2018 09:00

Hello,

So you are telling that i need to be on that version to see the consistency check results?

I'm able to perform a consistency check but i'm unable to check the results with the current version?

Thanks 

311 Posts

March 29th, 2018 10:00

Hi,

The problem is with the TTY log. As you pointed out, OMSA does not work with the PERC8 and the Check Consistency Report is not available. The option is export the TTY log and look in the log to see what the results of the consistency check are. Whether any bad blocks were encountered and repairs attempted. Unfortunately there won't be a report like OMSA provides. For whatever reason, your TTY report is only reporting "03/04/18  7:46:34: IsMySasAddrLess: gPeerSasAddress is zero, return true". I'd like to update the firmware on the CMC and controller to see if that will give a TTY log as expected. The Chassis Log in Chassis Overview reports when the consistency check has started and completed, but I don't know if it will report if any bad blocks are encountered. On our VRTXs in the lab, the consistency check didn't turn up any bad blocks and I was unable to check. The Virtual Disks Advance Properties will also show the progress of the Consistency Check. There is a counter there for Bad Blocks Found, but that would only be a yes/no answer and not give any detail.

I hope that helps.

23 Posts

April 2nd, 2018 07:00

Hello,

The chassis logo only shows this info, but also from the virtual disks -> advance properties i was unable to find bad blocks.

VDR21: Consistency check for Store02_R1 has completed.
  2018-03-01T20:46:50+0000
Log Sequence Number:71
Detailed Description:
This message is generated after a consistency check completes on a virtual disk.
Recommended Action:
No response action is required.

311 Posts

April 2nd, 2018 09:00

Thank you,

Were you able to update the firmware as suggested to see if had an affect on the TTY log?

23 Posts

April 3rd, 2018 07:00

Hello.

The server is physically distant, it's risky to update remotely in case things go wrong.

No Events found!