Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 21:00

VRTX Shared PERC driver for RHEL 7.6

We are running few VRTX/M630 systems with RHEL 7.4. Based on current VRTX firmware/driver baseline v7, only RHEL 7.4 has dell certified driver available for shared perc. Since RHEL 7.6 update was released around Nov'2018, I'm looking for some suggestion as to when we can expect the Dell Shared PERC supported driver would be available for RHEL 7.6. Our systems are still running with RHEL 7.4 version and would want to see updated to latest along with Dell supported driver. Can anyone point me some instruction/dates if available for reference?

baseline v7 https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/in/en/indhs1/poweredge-vrtx/vrtxcompmatrixpub/baseline-v7-support-for-poweredge-m640?guid=guid-b8c3b1de-6677-48f3-a387-a07d986fbe21〈=en-us

2.9K Posts

July 23rd, 2019 10:00

Hello,

I can't give any confirmed time windows, but I've been told that it is something that is being worked on. Updates get released on a quarterly basis, so you might check on it again around the end of September. 

2 Posts

July 24th, 2019 02:00

Thank you Dylan for answering the question. I thought this might hit a wall. We will have to wait for the updates to be released.

It's Interesting that last driver for RHEL 7.4 was released on 18 Jan 2018 which is a while ago. I understand drivers are released only when required. But it looks like MegaSAS driver has active development in Linux kernel tree and it's just the Dell drivers are not kept up to date. Our concern is that we as customers are not able to update our systems to fix security flaws by updating OS to current version.

No Events found!