cooljaz
2 Bronze

Video Card for 2405FPW 24-inch Wide LCD Monitor & PowerEdge 600SC

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor to be used w/ PowerEdge 600SC.  On Dell's product web site it says I should get the right video card for the 1920x1200 WUXGA display

To optimize this monitor's performance, your system must be able to support WUXGA resolution (1920x1200). Click here to see if your Dell system and graphics card is compatible with this monitor.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4221&link_number=

I know the 600SC has a built-in ATI RAGE XL video controller.  I need to know if this video will work w/ the WUXGA display.  If not, I know that 600CS has 4 64-bit PCI slots, and 1 32-bit PCI slot.  So, I need to know if I buy another video card, can it co-exist w/ the built-in video card.  If so, how does that work?  Second, I need to know a modest price video card that will work w/ 600SC and 2405FPW monitor in 1920x1200 WUXGA mode.  Something that is less than $100.  Is there such video card?  If so, can you give some suggestion models?  I don't do heavy video intensive applications or gaming.  I just need a video card that is fairly fast and would display wide screen.  The most I do is Photoshop.

Thanks!

0 Kudos