Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

January 6th, 2015 07:00

What happened to the Guidebooks for the 13G Servers?

Not sure how many folks out there used the technical guidebooks but at my company we have the technical guidebooks gooing back for 3-4 generations. These are outstanding references and have provided extremely useful documentation. In particular during the initial setups as well as later on when deciding to upgrade servers it's worth it's weight to help you determine memory configurations, and slot priorities.

I truly hope that the guidebooks are just delayed and will be made availabe soon! Hopefully Dell has not decided to stop making these available, as to do so would just make it more difiicult for the system administartors and eventually end up creating longer outages and require administrators to tie up time from the Dell support technicians.Quite often our technicians use the pictures to reference motherboard layouts.

As a company we generally download these documents once and maintain them on our SharePoint sites so that we have them locally. Hopefully others will chime in if they have more information.

Thanks...David

• 

8.4K Posts

January 6th, 2015 10:00

DEwilliams,

It is likely due to how recently the servers were released. What is the specific guidebook you are looking for, I may be able to locate it for you?  I can also see if it is likely to be published soon. 

Let me know.

January 6th, 2015 11:00

Hi Chris,

We have ordered the R630, R730, and T630 so far. We will start ordering the M630 soon but anything you can find on any of those would be great.

I'm not sure how many other customers use the guidebooks but we find them to very valuable documentation.

David

• 

8.4K Posts

January 6th, 2015 13:00

Let me research that for you. I think it may have been incorporated into the owners manual, but I am going to verify if that is the case or not.

548 Posts

January 8th, 2015 17:00

Looks like the documentation is getting dumbed down as time goes by...

• 

8.4K Posts

January 9th, 2015 04:00

DEWilliams,

I looked into the technical guides, and it appears that they are in the works. So they are expected to be released, but I am not able to determine when that may be. I apologize.

I will continue to look into it for you though.

January 9th, 2015 05:00

I don't see that level in the owner's manual. Thanks for checking Chris!

January 9th, 2015 05:00

I think so too and I hate that... The guidebooks were extremely helpful.

No Events found!