Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2016 09:00

apply bundles.sh is invalid

I've found older posts on this issue but 2+ years is a bit out of date.  Is the solution to this issue to locate a pervious version of the tool and rebuild the iso?  And yes i just did a full update from today and reburned the iso with the same result.  This is for a R620.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 13th, 2016 15:00

Hello.

Those links with the version of the tools are likely outdated. You can use the latest Dell Repository Manager v2.1 to create customized ISO. See link: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

April 15th, 2016 09:00

except I'm already using that tool.  just checked and it's the 2.1 version.  2.1.0.451 to be exact.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 15th, 2016 10:00

What exactly are you seeing when the updates fail? Are you getting errors? What is your current BIOS and iDRAC firmware versions? If they are way out of date, then you might consider manually stepping up these updates concurrently to a certain level and then applying the ISO for the rest of the updates

April 15th, 2016 10:00

The machine is 2 years old and has never been updated.  It does not currently have an os on it.  The error I get is the one I’ve listed and I get it after the cd boots and tries to run the script.   I'll try the manual updates but the lifecycle controller has become disabled due to previous attempts.

April 15th, 2016 12:00

ok so the lifecycle controller fixed itself and i was able to update it and the bios to the latest versions.  I then tried booting the cd and got the same error.  The error occurs on the screen after udev gets mounted.  

booting from cdrom with share_script as drm_files/apply_bundles.sh

mount /dev/cdrom /opt/dell/toolkit/systems

build_number is matching

valid dtr cd is found

/opt/dell/toolkit/systems/drm_files/apply_bundles.sh is invalid

press enter to reboot....

July 29th, 2016 09:00

i have a R810, tried  to update though DVD, i got exactly the same error. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 29th, 2016 16:00

Can you try updating using the LifeCycle Controller via Platform updates and then pointing to the Dell ftp.dell.com site. This you will be applying updated directly from a catalog of files.

9 Posts

September 20th, 2016 09:00

I'm having the same issue only on R720 servers. others like R620, R730 are fine. I've generated a bundle ISO for all these different types of servers from DRM.

September 20th, 2016 10:00

i have resolved the issue on my R810

1.       Press + to access a new console

2.       Press to access a command prompt

3.       Type “mount /dev/cdrom /opt/dell/toolkit/systems” and press

4.       Type “./opt/dell/toolkit/systems/drm_files/apply_bundles.sh” and press

5.       The apply_bundles.sh script will begin executing

9 Posts

October 7th, 2016 03:00

Thanks a lot for the help, this workaround worked fine. However there must be something wrong during the process of the ISO generation with RM. I have a support case open for that, let's see how it goes...

11 Posts

November 30th, 2016 12:00

I'm having the same issue with my R510, but I'm using a USB stick. I don't have a CD/DVD drive. I tried:

mount /dev/sdd1 /opt/dell/toolkit/system

That didn't work. Any other suggestions?

2 Posts

December 21st, 2016 09:00

I just ran into this also, and was able to mount the USB flash drive via this method:

1. Press + to access a new console

2. Press to access a command prompt

3. Type "lsblk" and press

4. Look for the file system size that corresponds with the size of your USB Drive (for a 16GB, it said a bit over 14GB), make note of the device path

5. Type “mount /dev/ /opt/dell/toolkit/systems” and press

4. Type “./opt/dell/toolkit/systems/drm_files/apply_bundles.sh” and press

5. The apply_bundles.sh script will begin executing

January 23rd, 2017 04:00

Hi All,

I have updated to 2.2.1 with plugin version 830 and seeing the same issues.  I have tried all your bril options above but without any luck.  Seems that there is a fault with the config files to load the OS.

Any change of a bug fix for this?

Thanks

Andrew

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 09:00

I downloaded the latest iso for my R910 today and get the same errors.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2017 09:00

Downloaded the latest for my R630, same thing.  *** DELL?

No Events found!