I've found older posts on this issue but 2+ years is a bit out of date. Is the solution to this issue to locate a pervious version of the tool and rebuild the iso? And yes i just did a full update from today and reburned the iso with the same result. This is for a R620.
Thanks a lot for the help, this workaround worked fine. However there must be something wrong during the process of the ISO generation with RM. I have a support case open for that, let's see how it goes...
I'm having the same issue with my R510, but I'm using a USB stick. I don't have a CD/DVD drive. I tried:
mount /dev/sdd1 /opt/dell/toolkit/system
That didn't work. Any other suggestions?
I just ran into this also, and was able to mount the USB flash drive via this method:
1. Press <ALT>+<F2> to access a new console
2. Press <Enter> to access a command prompt
3. Type "lsblk" and press <Enter>
4. Look for the file system size that corresponds with the size of your USB Drive (for a 16GB, it said a bit over 14GB), make note of the device path
5. Type “mount /dev/<device path you found> /opt/dell/toolkit/systems” and press <Enter>
4. Type “./opt/dell/toolkit/systems/drm_files/apply_bundles.sh” and press <Enter>
5. The apply_bundles.sh script will begin executing
I have updated to 2.2.1 with plugin version 830 and seeing the same issues. I have tried all your bril options above but without any luck. Seems that there is a fault with the config files to load the OS.
Any change of a bug fix for this?
Downloaded BootableISO_2017-01-30_13-23-23-selected.zip for the R630. Spoke to support as OME was not an option. Spent time on my weekend and coordinating an outage for all out major applications.. This couldn't be identified prior to release? I get the same problem.
Are you pressing ALT+F2 during an iDRAC remote console? IT is not working for me when I try.
When I press ALT+F2 I get a ^[^[ reply back.
When I press enter it reboots the server.
Also a note. This is happening on a R930 iDRAC8 session.