Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2014 08:00

e1410 errors after replacing PERC5i battery

I replaced a dead PERC5i battery in my PE 2950 with a close to new battery.  The new battery is 3.7 volts and 7WH like the old battery, but the old battery is of type PERC5I and the new one is FR463.  When I start up with the old battery installed or no battery I can boot to the OS, but when I start up with the new battery installed it does not boot into the OS, and it gets the e1410 error for both CPUs.  The old battery has a number on it that starts out with JP-0U8735, and the new battery has a number that starts with KR-0NU209.  Do you think these batteries are not compatible and that is what is causing the E1410 errors?

April 16th, 2014 08:00

I forgot to mention that I have updated the PERC5i firmware recently.

April 18th, 2014 11:00

Anyone know if these batteries are compatible or could it be a problem with the RAID controller? 

990 Posts

April 18th, 2014 11:00

Outtobrunch,

Power down the server, pull the power cord and hold the power button in to drain the power off the server.  Put the cord back on, power up and enter the Ctrl E bios. Scroll down to the System Event Log Menu, and select to clear the SEL.   Once completed,  let the server continue to the boot cycle.

Regards,

April 18th, 2014 16:00

Geoff,

Thanks for your response.  It is good to know that there isn't necessarily an incompatibility between the batteries.  I cleared the system event log as you suggested, but that did not resolve the problem.  Then I reinstalled the OS (Ubuntu Server 12.04) and now it is booting properly.  The only difference I can think of is that the OS was installed this time with the PERC battery.  Previously when I installed the OS, the battery was not present.

OTB

No Events found!