Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 11th, 2011 09:00

how to configure IP on Poweredge R310

I need to assign IP and open firewall on a new PowerEdge R310, and I have no idea how to do it or to set up the equipment. Is there any procedure or specs providing these information? Thank you in advance.

9.3K Posts

May 11th, 2011 10:00

Are you talking about a DRAC or so? If not, the "server" doesn't use an IP; the OS does.

How do you usually assign an IP in the OS that you're running on the server? Is that method not working for you?

2 Posts

May 12th, 2011 09:00

Perhaps I wasn't provide enough information.

I need to assign an IP on a PowerEdge R310 via a RemoteDesktop, and set the loginID/password. I was told the machine have OS installed. I don't know how to set it up by reading R310 spec online. I have the RemoteDesktop connected to the machine. But don't know where to start. Please provide 1) the general information of the set up, 2) the procedure of set up the LoginID/Password or how to get the default password and 3) the procedure of assign IP to the machine

Thank you in advance

May 12th, 2011 10:00

Without knowing what specific operating system the server is running it is somewhat hard to give specific instructions. I am assuming you are running a Windows operating system so I have included a link from Microsoft on how Setting up TCP/IP. For this you will need to have information about your current network setup so you can ensure you have the corect settings.

If the server shipped from Dell with an operating system already installed then you should be taken through the inital setup when the server is powered on the first time. This is where you will set the password for the administrators account.

It may be in your best interest to contact a local consulting company to come out a get your server setup for you as is sounds like you have limited knowledge setting up a server.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782109(WS.10).aspx

No Events found!