iDRAC 6 Enterprise not showing storage

Jump to solution

Hi,

we have a Dell PowerEdge R710 with iDRAC 6 Enterprise.

When I open the iDRAC web interface, there is no information or status of the Perc H310 RAID controller.

I can't see physical disks, no virtual disk, I've searched in every place and is missing every reference to the storage.

I've used other iDRAC cards and the RAID controller is always present.

iDRAC just updated to last firmware, server already restarted.

Any Idea?

Claudio Basso

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: iDRAC 6 Enterprise not showing storage

Jump to solution

Intercomsolutions,

You actually can use OMSA on ESXi, now you won't be able to accurately monitor the VM's with it, but you can monitor the host. If you follow this link, it will take you to a posting I did previously, which includes a walk through on installing and running OMSA in ESXi.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Intercom Solutions,

The reason that is not being displayed is due to the iDrac6 initializing before the raid controller does, so that information isn't available to it yet. I assume that the "other Drac cards" you are referring to is an iDrac 7. The difference is that the iDrac7 is now incorporated in the LifeCycle Controller/USC, as well as the controller,  so it is all initialized at the same time. Allowing the information to be displayed.

Let me know if this clarifies the issue for you.

Chris Hawk

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, I understand.

As in this server I have an ESXi 5.0, how can I monitor my storage array?

For my experience the Dell Server Administrator won't work from a VM, is it right?

Actually I have no tool to know if a physical disk is faulty.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Intercomsolutions,

You actually can use OMSA on ESXi, now you won't be able to accurately monitor the VM's with it, but you can monitor the host. If you follow this link, it will take you to a posting I did previously, which includes a walk through on installing and running OMSA in ESXi.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've followed all instructions,

now from a Windows VM I can see all storage info!

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Anytime, happy to help. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
GoVirtual
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Dell-Chris_Hawk,

The other posting you reference in this thread is no longer available.  Would it be possible to repost the instructions here? Thanks